On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:31:25 -0700
Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need basic text formatting at the standard hot key level. ie. Ctrl-B for
> bold, Ctrl-I for italic etc. while in the edit window.

[...]

> I don't
> need WSIWYG, RST markup works fine as it gives me lots of output options.

So Leo has support for CKEditor http://ckeditor.com/demo build in now,
although there are probably key binding conflicts for some of the keys
you mention.

But I'm wondering if wondering if what you're saying, if you're ok
using RST, is that you want to editing text and have

   ...then, suddenly, the...

highlight 'suddenly', hit Ctrl-B, and have it become

   ...then, *suddenly*, the...

i.e. RST markup for "bold".  Is that the goal?