Hi Terry,

I guess it does.

It may seem silly, as I could just type the *, but Shift-8 isn't baked into
muscle memory, Ctrl-b is.

It boils down to being able to replicate those standard word processing
shortcuts in the edit pane and having them not conflict with other key
combos in Leo. Abstracting it to other markup languages would be cool as
well, some people like RST, some people like Markdown. Everyone can use
Ctrl-b.

Ckeditor looks interesting, but it isn't the buttons that matter. I rarely
use the mouse for marking up text.

Chris