On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 10:21:37 AM UTC-4, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> Note "Reload settings" isn't working as effectively as I think it
>> should, that may need to be addressed as well.  Unrelated to the new
>> code.
>>

> ​Reload settings is going to be a project, for several reasons.  Many
> classes cache settings so they don't have to keep calling c.config.getX.
> This is/was purely an abbreviation, but caching a setting means that it's
> impossible to change the setting. Going through the code an replacing the
> abbreviations with "dynamic" calls to c.config.getX isn't rocked science,
> it's merely tedious and perhaps error prone.

I realize I'm only one voice and my situation may be unique, but the lack
of being able to reload settings is pretty troublesome for me. I do a great
deal of my work over slow SVN and I often have to open up codebases of
hundreds of files. You can imagine that I don't alter settings as often as
I want to, it often takes me a good 7-10 minutes to reopen my outlines to
load all of the files. If this could be done, however slowly it would
likely benefit more than just myself.