There have been some discussions in the past on what we might do to make
Leo more popular.  I've recently had some time out in the woods and was hit
with a tack that just might do that.

If you do anything in the world of JavaScript you're aware of ability to
use it and nodejs frameworks to build standalone apps.  In fact, there are
two popular editors that use that technology, there is Github's Atom, and
Microsoft's Visual Code.

So here is what I'm proposing, make Leo into a plug-in for Visual Code.
 We'd need to pare down Leo, dropping the Qt code and using html and
JavaScript to build a Outline pane (Note that the file browser pane works
as a tree view of directories so we can steal some code from there).  There
is already support for a log, (shell).  The editor pane would just have to
be hooked up to the Outline pane and set to the relevant language.  It's
perfectly possible to use both JavaScript and Python in such an app.

We would have the advantage and visibility of latching on to a popular and
growing editor, get features for free that would likely never get into Leo
and move over to what is becoming the most popular visual toolkit for
interface design, one based on Html, CSS, and JavaScript.