I'm following this thread and new wave of ideas for leo with great attention. I
really like the goal of making leo a more interactive platform for
keeping/editing knowledge bases... Great job everybody!

Just my 2 cents:
Maybe sqllite is just a tool for a greater purpose, a step toward a greater
goal. Let me explain myself:

IMO, generating diffs truly representative of the evolution of the node
hierarchy in a leo document would require an API that explicitly models that
hierarchal structure.

That made me remember CoreObject.
https://github.com/etoile/CoreObject
http://coreobject.org/technotes/

Explicitly modelling the hierarchical structure of a document and its mutations
in time enables really useful applications, like reactive interfaces,
cooperative tools and distributed edition of these documents

And it's also based on SQLite :)
"
CoreObject is a pragmatic OODB with a homegrown DVCS, leveraging SQLite for
transactional storage and indexing"

Too bad my objective C skills are not existant to be able to explore the
concepts in their implementation and their applicability to leo