I want an IDE/organizer for thoughts, ideas, journaling, writing.  I have
hundreds of past files of journals/thoughts to parse and organize plus my
ongoing thinking/journaling addiction.  Only thing I know of that may be
close is Zettelkasten, but I haven’t dug into that yet, and don’t know if
there’s a mature app for it.  I may be barking up the wrong tree here but
thought I'd give Leo a try.

Not only am I a noobie to Mac, I am not a programmer and not a Linux user.
Quite a case (refugee from Windows and don't think I'll go back).  I do not
know whether Leo will suit my needs but nothing else does and I’d like to
give it a shake, though it seems the learning curve will be steep for me.

So my first challenge is getting it installed in High Sierra.  I see what
is for me a complex and somewhat cryptic guide for installing on MacOs 10.7
(I know nothing of Homebrew, for example). Is this the most current
information on a Mac installation?  Will that guide get me through it?

Perhaps someone here just needs to gently steer me away from Leo as
unsuitable for my needs or my noobie-ism.  Or perhaps someone will say
‘You’ve come to the right place and here’s how to get started!’

Happy New Year!

Andy