Hi Andy,

I am a writer who fled Windows seventeen years ago, but I ended up on
Linux. I have been using Leo since 2007.

While I can't really help much with installing on a Mac, I can tell you
that Leo will be suitable for your task. I have learned to use it for
everything, to the point that other than a web browser, it is about all I
use on a daily basis.

Once installed, the learning curve is what you make of it. I learn
something new about Leo on a regular basis. I have read through the
documentation three or four times and am due for another go through. I have
learned a little bit about python over the years as well, but I am not a
programmer. As such, I feel that the power and utility of Leo is like a
deep ocean underneath me, but what I need is easily accessible here on the
surface.

Leo meets my needs. It structures my writing, organizes all of the clips,
quips, quotes, bookmarks, and soon it looks like it will be able to help me
easily organize all of my images, pdfs, video and audio files using the
same concepts. It keeps me organized. It keeps me productive.

I encourage you to "give it a shake". I would also evangelize for Linux,
but that is an entirely different story. :-)

Welcome aboard,

Chris