Hi,

I came about Leo because I was interested in Learning Python and some
forum said that Leo, not Zope, was a superb showcase for this language
and then I found that it supported a form of literate programming, which
I was already interesting into. I started to use it almost exclusively
for writing, not for programming, from note keeping to even draft of my
thesis, since 2005, when I found Leo, to 2015 and then I found Pharo and
Roassal and the idea of software as a graph[1] and I decided to create
my own outliner with ideas of Leo, Jupyter, Smalltalk and others. These
days I still use Leo for quick notes and probably I would use it again
to deconstruct some large script or textual program.  So, my path was
Python -> Zope -> Leo -> Outlining for Literate Programming -> Writing
-> Pharo, Roassal -> Reproducible research and data storytelling and
visualization -> Grafoscopio. Of course, some parts were traversed in
parallel and I still try to combine ideas and communities from several
places.

[1] https://vimeo.com/94724841

Cheers,

Offray