> It has been almost 14 months since I discovered Leo and today I recalled
> how I found it.

Thanks for this thread. I've been trying to recall my own path of
discovery. No concrete memory has emerged, but it was somewhere in the
intersection of being dissatisfied with wiki notes and mind/concept
mapping, starting to learn python, and a multi-decade quest for the perfect
text editor (1999-2004
<https://web.archive.org/web/20080524194444/http://www.uttara.ca/patawi/matt/musings/favedit.html>,

2010 <http://www.maphew.com/Musings/long-live-the-aurora-text-editor/>).
Gmail says I subscribed to the Leo mailing list in 2009 with my first
concrete contribution in August -- a Windows install recipe
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/leo-editor/rdYkLW9PxHY/Nph1SOhHOBcJ>. Huh.
I'm still doing that now!

In spite of the lengthy time since discovering Leo and bringing it into my
permanent toolkit, it's still not front and centre for much of my activity.
Onenote
desktop
<https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-the-difference-between-OneNote-and-OneNote-2016-a624e692-b78b-4c09-b07f-46181958118f>is

my primary writing and organizing tool (the web app is ...meh) and Pyzo
<https://github.com/pyzo/>the first stop for exploratory python. Much as I
love text I'm still a strong graphic creature. My dream writing platform is
all of the best parts of rich text & media editing fused with Leo's node
management and scripting. Bonus points if it's webby lets me punt Wordpress
and all the other web content management things I've tried and discarded
(jekyll, acrylamid, drupal, mindtouch, deki-wiki, twiki).

There is substantive aroma of my dream in the air right now, which is very
exciting. :)

cheers,

matt