On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 3:47:12 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

When I awoke just now I saw...how to drastically simplify Leo's key
> handling code.

Phase 1 of the project is complete, exactly following the process described
in Lesson 7 of LeoU: How to make complex changes to a code base
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/859>.  That is, Leo now
opens without crashing.

Phase 2 will handle all incoming keystrokes without crashing. That will
take several hours, perhaps later today.