On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 5:24:30 PM UTC+1, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 3:47:12 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:
>
> When I awoke just now I saw...how to drastically simplify Leo's key
>> handling code.
>>

> Phase 1 of the project is complete, exactly following the process
> described in Lesson 7 of LeoU: How to make complex changes to a code base
> <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/859>.  That is, Leo now
> opens without crashing.
>
> Phase 2 will handle all incoming keystrokes without crashing. That will
> take several hours, perhaps later today.
>
> Edward

Hi Edward
    This all sounds cool stuff!

I have a previous interest in this ... can I remind you of:

    https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/423

and some associated discussions, in particular with me being interested in
distinguishing between keys on thr Numeric keypad?

I realise the jusry is still out a bit on Qts support for this but it would
be good to bear in mind wrt. modifiers etc.

Thanks, Jon N