On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 5:37:25 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> I expect to get the new code working today.

That was wildly optimistic.  #423
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/423> looks like a better
plan  If focuses on improving g.KeyStroke.

I am now backing out of some recent changes in the "keys" branch.  It's no
big deal. One "survivor" is a drastic simplification of the main
eventFilter.  That will remain whatever else happens.

> I will also take as much time as possible to clean and simplify the code.

Making small, self-contained changes is the surest way forward, especially
for code as complex as this.  I'll likely be working on this project for at
least a week.