Ken Moffat wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

In my
book patching GCC should only be done when neccessary, to me there had
to be a better solution.

Hi Jim,

Applying that remark to a different context, I guess that means you'll
be dead against lib|lib32 (instead of lib64|lib), or indeed pure64 just
using lib, for x86_64 because they require seds or patches to gcc ?

Ken
Ken,
There are ways to build a pure64 bit gcc without patching. I've been looking into that for a while. I was thinking about adding pure 64 bit builds to the cross-lfs book, maybe I should just do that.

--
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LFS User # 2577