First of all let me say how great I think LFS is. I'm pretty disgusted with distros right now. Thanks for the effort. As my knowlege and skill increase (I hope), I'd like to contribute. But for now, I must just build.

I'm using Version 6.0. In 4.2 "Creating the $LFS/tools Directory," the third paragraph, "The next step is to create a /tools symlink on the host system." After a little explanation, which I understand, the command

<ln -s $LFS/tools  />

is given. I understand the syntax--and I even read the FAQ <BG>. My question is in the location of the link. I don't want my distro to think that everything is mounted in $LFS/tools.

I'm using the naming system directly from the book. Should I put the link directly in $LFS? That seems logical since I think that $LFS/tools is a "pseudo-root" directory for the following builds. Is this correct?

If the answer appears somewhere else in the hints or mail archives, I have not as yet been able to narrow my search enough to find it.

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Dan