On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 09:46:11PM +0200, hans kaper wrote:

> > Perl cannot find 'Heavy.pl' .... I'm fairly sure you do NOT have that
> > file
>
> You are right: it is not in /tools, neither is it in the newly built
> perl-15.6.1-tree in /sources.
> So I assume the file is not built. Apart from that: the error-log of
> configuring perl
> contained a (non-fatal) error ("Can't locate File/Glob.pm") and the

 Odd.  I don't see that in mine.  Perhaps your perl tarball became
corrupted.  Does its md5sum match the book ?

> configure-log has somewhere
> in the middle:
>
> "try.c:4:25: fatal error: mach-o/dyld.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> I'm unable to compile the test program."

 But _that_ is perfectly ok.

> > Let's step back a little... Your problem started in a man/ directory.
> > Let's try a
> > different question: did you miss the line
> >  cp -v perl cpan/podlators/pod2man /tools/bin
> > in perl ?
> >
> No, both files are there.

 It looks as if your build of perl in chapter 5 was incomplete.  If
the perl tarball wasn't damaged, something odd is going on.
Anything "uncommon" about your host system, or the machine itself ?
I'm struggling to get a grip on this ;)

ĸen