hans kaper wrote:
> I was building LFS 7.2, but got stuck building Coreutils in ch.6.26.,
> probably because of an incomplete build of Perl in ch.5.28. The problem
> could not be solved.
> My last idea was to build Perl 5.16.2 instead of Perl 5.16.1, but to no
> avail.
> So I have decided to start from scratch with LFS 7.3.
>
> I want to thank Ken Moffat for accompanying me on the last part of my
> journey:
> without your attention and kind advice I would have left LFS in despair a
> week ago.
> Now I am back on the road again. Thanks a lot.

Just to note that the packages in Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 do not have to
be identical:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/files/updating-lfs.html

Just to recap, I built Chapter 5 using LFS 6.6.  I then completed
Chapters 6+ with SVN-20120610 (About LFS-7.2 and a half).

The only issue is that the packages, when you are done with Chapter 5,
have to support all the versions specified in the Host System Requirements.

   -- Bruce