I was building LFS 7.2, but got stuck building Coreutils in ch.6.26.,
probably because of an incomplete build of Perl in ch.5.28. The problem
could not be solved.
My last idea was to build Perl 5.16.2 instead of Perl 5.16.1, but to no
avail.
So I have decided to start from scratch with LFS 7.3.

I want to thank Ken Moffat for accompanying me on the last part of my
journey:
without your attention and kind advice I would have left LFS in despair a
week ago.
Now I am back on the road again. Thanks a lot.

Hans.