On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 04:14:50PM -0800, Paul Rogers wrote:
> I've just patched one of my older Core2 "Conroe", LFS-7.7, up to 4.4.110.
> It's an i686 system.  With each minor-version patch "make oldconfig" was run.
>  I saw no kernel config parameter for PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION when I rebuilt the
> patched kernel.  I can find no evidence it has been built into this kernel.
> I did get some hits for "kaiser" in the source code, arch/x86/mm/kaiser.c,
> and the mm/Makefile looks for CONFIG_PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION.  The make log I
> kept does not contain the string "kaiser", nor does /boot/System.map.
>
> Any ideas?  TIA.

Looking at my lkml mailbox, patch 02 of 37 for this version added
KAISER, including apparently CONFIG_KAISER - but it depends on
x86_64.

Hmm, looking at 4.14.12 PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION also depends on x86_64.
Looks like there is nothing for 32-bit x86.

Sorry.  I'm afraid 32-bit x86 gets much less love these days.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.