On 2/4/21 8:11 PM, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
On 2021-02-04 15:19 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
I am OK with the changes to omit seccomp, but when building on an LFS
10.0 system, there were no problems before.
Hi Bruce,

On LFS/BLFS if libseccomp.so is installed, /usr/include/seccomp.h would be also
installed.  But on many commerical distros (Debian or Fedora) libseccomp.so is
in "libseccomp" package, but the header is in "libseccomp-devel" package.  So
someone may install "libseccomp", but not "libseccomp-devel".

And, File building system is so stupid that if libseccomp.so exists, it will use
libseccomp anyway.  Then the build will fail because it can't find the header.

find /usr/lib -name 'libseccomp.*'
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libseccomp.so.2.3.3
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libseccomp.so.2

find /usr/include -name 'seccomp.h'
/usr/include/linux/seccomp.h

file builds just fine on this host.

So does the entire LFS and the BLFS packages that I use.

Of course I am not building "by the book" because I use a package manager

and the book just will not work.  I follow the build sequence and build

instructions, but have to greatly modify the steps in book because of the liberties

taken by the book overwriting files.  The package manager will not allow that.

As I stated before this appears to be a distribution flaw