So just to reflect the discussion on the chan, it is fine to reject this patch as it breaks FATE.

However I still believe that the behaviour introduced in my patch would be much more consistent for different videos: I mean why is it fine for a video to crop 24 lines because it is interlaced, but you can crop max 14 in case of progressive? Imho it is better and more consistent to always crop max 8 lines independent of resolution and framerate.

Anyways I'll try to provide a more test-compliant patch soon (or at worst, file some bug reports) :)

Best,
Vittorio