On 20/02/13 at 10:49am, micah anderson wrote:

> Developers never made a mistake leading to a security problem, so
> Debian's one mistake in 2006 should be forever trotted out as an example
> of how Debian sucks, good point.
>
> Sorry, but this distinction between Developers doesn't make sense, many
> Debian *Developers* are developers themselves, often upstream to the
> packages that they are shipping.

They are developers, but not for the project they are maintaing in
debian (or not all). My point is that, if there exist a program A, its
developers know a lot more than the corrisponding debian packager, and
they are the only that could patch at "least bad". And this principle is
showed perfectly for the PRNG example which I cited.

And that lead to follow distro with a "rolling" release cycle, and go
away from "stable", "testing", "unstable", "embryo",
"only_uml_diagrams_and_not_a_single_line_of_code" etc etc etc release
cycle, which introduces complexity (which lead to bugs).

Anyway, we are free to choose what fit our requirements.