On 03/02/14 21:13, Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes wrote:
> Isn't it reasonable to assume that EVERYBODY IS BEING OR IS BOUND TO
> BE SPIED ON in the Internet?
>
> Shouldn't we just assume that, and move on to other, more
> interesting, things?

You can safely assume that...

... and give in and use the internet for exchanging grandma's cookie
recipes.

> IMNSHO, iT is very silly to think that a ragtag global
> crypto-activists would have EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE to beat the
> NSA, ETC.

Or discuss ways to create better end-to-end encryption so the NSA can't
spy on everybody economically and has to decide who to watch and who to
leave out.

Even Keith Alexander is suggesting something like that:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140228/07355126387/keith-alexanders-big-idea-what-if-nsa-just-collected-phone-data-suspected-terrorists.shtml

Let's build the tools to make that reality. That's why I'm on lists like
this.

Regards, Guido.