https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173560

            Bug ID: 173560
           Summary: Linux, Epson Printer, two pages, always portrait
                    orientation; landscape orientation is not possible.
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: 26.2.6.3 release
          Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
                OS: Linux (All)
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: medium
         Component: Writer
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

Description:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Since my English isn't the best, I'm using deepl.com for translation.

Nevertheless, I'll do my best to describe the problem and explain where the
issue lies.


I use Linux (Manjaro),
Kernel: 6.18.49-1.
Desktop: Cinnamon 6.6.9
Printer: Epson ET-M2170, 
Driver: epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 version 1.2.42-1

LibreOffice 26.2.6.3 (x86_64)
UI Renderer: Default; VCL: gtk3
de_DE.UTF-8




When I try to print two pages (DIN A5) on one DIN A4 page in landscape
orientation, it always prints in portrait orientation.


A detailed description can be found under the heading: "Other Information"


Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open LibreOffice 
2. CTRL+P (File → Print...)
3.Paper size (choose DIN A4 or DIN A5)
4. Orientation: Landscape 
5. Pagers per Sheet 2
6. Print


Actual Results:
 Result: It was not printed in landscape orientation, but in portrait
orientation.

Expected Results:
I expected the two pages to be printed in landscape orientation, not portrait.


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: Yes

Additional Info:
Here is a detailed description, including various tests to narrow down the
problem:


When I try to print two pages (DIN A5) on one DIN A4 page in landscape
orientation, it always prints in portrait orientation.

After reading your page, I tested this in Calc.
When I try to print two pages (DIN A4) on one (DIN A4) page in landscape
orientation from Calc, those two pages are also printed in portrait
orientation. I couldn’t find any settings in Calc that allow me to print two
DIN A5 pages on one DIN A4 page, so I simply configured the printer settings to
print two DIN A5 pages on one DIN A4 page in landscape orientation.

When I print from LibreOffice as a PDF, the PDF document looks exactly the way
I want it to — everything is fine.

When I export the document as a PDF (not via the print menu!), open that PDF
(not in LO), and print it, everything looks exactly the way I want it to.
The printer prints perfectly in landscape orientation.

If I use the previous printer driver instead of the current one, the error
persists.
(epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 1.2.42-. 
vs 
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 1.2.39-1 )

Two other laptops, with the same operating system, the same version of LO, the
same printer—the same problem.
(So, a total of at least three devices)

If I install LO 26.8.0-2
instead of LO 26.2.6.3,
I have the same problem.

If I use the latest backup, with LO 25.8.7.3 and the printer driver
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 1.2.39-1,
the problem does not occur!
The problem has only been occurring since the update to LO 26.2.6.3!


I also tested it with LO 26.2.6.3 on Windows 11 using the same printer. The
problem does not occur on Windows 11.


If I select portrait orientation instead of landscape, it will print in
portrait orientation as well.s


Restart in Safe mode, same Problem


At this point, I don't know what else I can test to further narrow down the
error.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to