One of the nice things about posting to Mastodon is the fact people interact and comment on posts.   This is a two way process.

If you sell a product or offer a service and I ask about this on Facebook then surely someone would reply,  as a Mastodon user I would expect the same or similar level of interaction with posts, and yes,l this does require someone to be there to answer questions or comments on posts  Or in some cases if a user posted an offensive comment have this removed

I think this is one of the reasons people on Mastodon prefer this over mainstream social media,   quality of social interaction rather than quantity too

Paul