On Nov 21, 2023, Yuchen Pei <i...@ypei.org> wrote:

> On Tue 2023-11-21 22:44:10 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> [... 9 lines elided]

>> Fediverse doesn't seem to like bots and mirrorring accounts much, and
>> this is what this creates.  I don't like much that it gives Xitter more
>> visibility and power,

> How does it give Xitter more visibility and power?

Their power to filter/promote and thus influence gets extended further,
onto the Fediverse.  By easing access to posts in that platform, there's
less of an incentive for posters to look for alternative channels, and
more for them to remain accommodated under its dominion.

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                    https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                           GNU Toolchain Engineer