I have been using fediverse for a number of years, so maybe to address
   a few points here:

   1. To me, the purpose of a bot account is to usually facilitate the
   sharing of say a blog post to the Fediverse services. However those
   posts still need interaction.

   You can follow my blog via activity pub, but if you reply I can see
   that reply from my account and reply. Surely this works equally if the
   fsf make a post, I reply and someone then interacts with my post, esp
   if asking a question or just saying 'good work' to the latest video for
   example.

   The interactions on Mastodon for example are far better than what I
   experienced on main stream social media.

   I am not sure where the term 'anti social media' has come from,
   federated services are still social media, just built on a more
   decentralized, privacy friendly model.

   "but a bridge/client on mastodon to xitter should simply be able to
   allow users
to subscribe to any xitter accounts they like, get their posts,
comment/boost them etc without filtering/promotion by xitter."

   From what I can gather looking at Mastodon posts about X, is that it is
   a toxic , far right cesspit, so being able to follow posts on there
   could be controversial, Meta has plans for Threads to federate, however
   the opinion on the fediverse is do we want to give Meta access to our
   data, posts which so if this does happen Threads could find it can only
   interact with a few instances OR is de federated fully.

   If you are going to join the fediverse, then maybe one needs to be on
   there and interact with people and followers.

   On the subject of what is happening, there are people stuck on
   mainstream platforms as this is where their followers are, but as
   Twitter and now Substack are seen as very toxic people are trying to
   leave.

   For most people this is probably easy for people who rely on social
   media to promote their (source of income) , they risk losing (and do
   lose) a huge chunk of income if they leave, so they have to stay on
   toxic platforms where they don't feel safe. They are really stuck.

   There does seem to be a need to address this.

   Paul

Fediverse doesn't seem to like bots and mirrorring accounts much, and
this is what this creates.  I don't like much that it gives Xitter more
visibility and power,

How does it give Xitter more visibility and power?

Their power to filter/promote and thus influence gets extended further,
onto the Fediverse.

Hold on a moment. AFAIK if you check a xitter account on nitter, or
follow multiple xitter accounts through Squawker, you get a timeline
which is a anti-chronological list of posts by these accounts with no
dodgy algorithm. I don't know what it is like on xitter itself, but a
bridge/client on mastodon to xitter should simply be able to allow users
to subscribe to any xitter accounts they like, get their posts,
comment/boost them etc without filtering/promotion by xitter.

[... 4 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Dr Yuchen Pei | [1]https://ypei.org | Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0