On Mon 2023-12-04 22:10:05 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2023, Yuchen Pei <i...@ypei.org> wrote:

>> On Tue 2023-11-21 22:44:10 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>>> [... 9 lines elided]

>>> Fediverse doesn't seem to like bots and mirrorring accounts much, and
>>> this is what this creates.  I don't like much that it gives Xitter more
>>> visibility and power,

>> How does it give Xitter more visibility and power?
> Their power to filter/promote and thus influence gets extended further,
> onto the Fediverse.

Hold on a moment. AFAIK if you check a xitter account on nitter, or
follow multiple xitter accounts through Squawker, you get a timeline
which is a anti-chronological list of posts by these accounts with no
dodgy algorithm. I don't know what it is like on xitter itself, but a
bridge/client on mastodon to xitter should simply be able to allow users
to subscribe to any xitter accounts they like, get their posts,
comment/boost them etc without filtering/promotion by xitter.

> [... 4 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Dr Yuchen Pei | https://ypei.org | Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0