Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:16:53 -0400
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 12 Gig drive: Phantom Hibernation Zone


----- Original Message -----
From: "Digby Tarvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: 12 Gig drive: Phantom Hibernation Zone


>
> I don't have a 12G drive yet, so I can't give you a definitive
> answer. (any suggestions for where to get one at a good price?)
>
> However I can tell you how to get the answer. You need to install
> the drive in your libretto, boot off floppy using your install
> floppy, and create as large a partition as you can. You then
> reboot using a unix (linux or BSD work fine) or other more advanced
> operating system, and it can tell you exactly what part of the
> disk was left for hibernation.
>
> This was the technique I used when re-installing on my 4GB drive.

Unfortunately, it's a well known fact that Libretto's BIOS can only
recognize up to 8 GB of HDD.  So your experience does not apply here.






**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to