Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:45:32 -0700
From: "Richard Sun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 12 Gig drive: Phantom Hibernation Zone

This is what I did to try to get around the hibernation problem.  I decided
that I really wanted to do this right so I purchased a copy of EZ-Drive to
use with my Hitachi 12GB drive.  I installed EZ-Drive on my hard drive.
Then I booted with a floppy bypassing EZ-Drive.  This way, the bios would be
in control of the harddrive.  I partitioned the harddrive to the maximum
size the bios would allow.  This way, I know how much space the bios needs
for hibernation.  Now I rebooted with EZ-Drive active and created a new
partition at the end of the drive leaving 200 MB of space between the first
partition and the new one.  I probably could have just reserved 100 MB, but
I wanted to be safe, and I figure 100 MB wasted isn't that bad.

Richard




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to