Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:34:57 +0200
From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: L70 RAM and OS question

Viboon Chaojirapant a écrit :

> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:05:44 +0800
> From: Viboon Chaojirapant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: L70 RAM and OS question
>
> 2. If I were to install Linux, I think I will
>    go with Mandrake 7.0 since I have that as
>    my home desktop (and Christian managed to
>    install into L50).

No, you have better with mdk 7.1. I will do it when I have time.

> Perhaps I will use one of
>    the lighter window managers like Window Maker
>    or Sawmill and avoid KDE/Gnome.

I use XFCE or the very small 9wm

> However,
>    I am still worried about making the IR/Sound/
>    APM features work. Also, I will lose the Toshiba
>    utilities.

I do IR-HotSync with Palm V,
I have sound (only speaker, no micro)
I have the Toshiba Utilities from http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba/download.html
and I make with them a small utility which adjust the light of the display:
off-dark-dim-bright

--
The falsely dramatic drives out the truly dull.