Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:06:03 -0500
From: "Dan Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 30 GB Harddisk in L110.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael J Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: 30 GB Harddisk in L110.
> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:09:50 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
> From: Michael J Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: 30 GB Harddisk in L110.
>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Dan Scott wrote:
>
> > I know that I bought a 4.3 gig hard drive for my CT-70 and now all I
> > see in WINDOWS is C: drive, no D: drive and C: only has 1 gig left on
> > it (with a minimum win98 installation).
>
> Did you install in a FAT partition? I believe that such a partition has a
> maximum size of approx 2.1GB, but that FAT32 partitions can be much
> larger.
It does have one (1) partition already installed.
> > When I boot up in DOS I can see C: has 1 gig and D: (called
> > MS-RAMDRIVE) has 1.5 gig which appears not to be accessible. I looked
> > at FDISK and it only has a few bytes reserved (not 1.5 gig) and
> > windows (in VIRTUAL MEMORY) is taking what it needs to run.
>
> MS-RAMDRIVE is a (virtual) drive, using space in your RAM (i.e. the 16 or
> 32 MB that you have installed) to simulate a hard drive (but anything
> stored there will disappear when you shut down the machine.) I'm very
> puzzled about the "1.5 gig" that you report for this - I seem to recall it
> being more like 1-2MB.
Virtual memory IS 1-2 mb. My D:\ which I can't see in windows (only in DOS)
called MS-RAMDRIVE says it has 1.5 gig of space.
>
> > So you might want to check to make sure the 50 will recognize all of
> > your new drive, not just 2 gig or whatever. I am still looking for a
> > way to fix my problem.
>
> Reports from this list state that the L50 will recognize up to 8GB with no
> extra effort on your part, more with drive overlay software. If you're
> restricting yourself to FAT partitions (with a 2.1GB limit each), you can
> always make more of them.
>
> Mike
>
>
>
>
> **************************************************************
> http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
> http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
> http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
> -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
> --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
> Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
> **************************************************************
>
**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
-------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
--------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
**************************************************************