Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:57:41 +0200
From: Ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 30 GB Harddisk in L110.

At 16:31 15-6-01 -0700, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: 30 GB Harddisk in L110.
>
> > And how can I (easily) check that the BIOS has automatically left space 
> for
> > the hibernation file?
>
>   without programming, hmmm...
>
>   maybe one way is to create a really, really big ZIP file, then test the
>integrity of it after hibernating.
>
>   or create a PGPDisk (www.pgpi.com) drive file filling up the entire space,
>then check integrity afterwards.
>
>   or fill up with WAV music files and listen to them after.
>
>   --
>
>   Basically, if your data gets overwritten, you'll know it hasn't been
>correctly put at the end of the HD, but rather at the 8GB boundary.

I have made 8 partitions. Where should I look?

Isn't there official Toshiba documentation on this issue?
A while ago (1 1/2 years ago or so) someone placed a link to a Tech Manual 
of the L70. Appreciated by my brother who owns one. I am still looking for 
the equivalent for the L110. Anyone?

And oh yeah..... Anyone have a good suggestion on how I can make the best 
use of my old 4 GB drive? I do not need the storage space in my L110 or my 
desktop machine. It would be nice if I could use it as extra storage space 
for my Palm IIIxe though. You don't happen to know how to do That! would 
you? (going seriously off topic here.......).

Ben Muller




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to