Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:30:46 -0800
From: John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Toshiba 100GB HD review

A 160GB 2.5...  That is a big drive.  I remember when I had a Midwest Micro
Elite Notebook with the HUGE 120MB Drive in... after all, it was a 486
expandable to 8 MEG of ram you know.  Then I heard of a NEW 340MB drive to
be coming out from Toshiba.  I got on the waiting list and paid about $700
USD for that drive I think.  Then a year or so later a 540MB drive was
announced.  I got on that list also and I think it was less than $600 USD.
 That was probably 10 years ago or more and they keep getting cheaper.
 Amazing to me.  BTW, both of those hard drives still work.  I adapted the
340MB into an IBM 486 "Blue Lightening" 486-50MZ computer which is still in
use on my network today.  (like right now acutally) and the 540MB drive
still works in the Midwest Micro Elite notebook.  It also is used on the
network with a parallel port Ethernet  adapter running DOS and Windows
3.11.
Anyway, the point is that drives sure have changed fast.  I am very young,
but have seen so much change in the area of electronic and computers.  I
can't even imagine the change in computers my father has seen.

So is there any way to make a drive larger than 128GB work in the older
Librettos?  Or do I need to start saving for a U model?

John Martin