On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Orin Eman <orin.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I think it's better to supply native build methods than to try
> to force autotools to work on systems that don't support it.

Me too. So autotools for Linux and BSDs, XCode for Mac OS X.
What about Windows? What is native under Windows? Personally
I think that would be MSVC, WDK (before WDK8) and MinGW.
Cygwin is not really native but people may want it as well.

With WDK8 needs VS, it can probably be dropped in the future
but personally I like the WDK (7.1) build for libusbx the most
since it is quite fast compared to other methods.

MinGW/MSys and Cygwin have autotools so they can use
autotools. But if one wants to be a purist, then MSys is not
native either to MinGW...

--
Xiaofan