Could you post the output of 'lspci -nn'? I assumed you are using Intel
Graphics.

You can try to  run vainfo without Xserver and Wayland.  If you still get
error, you should
check the following first:
1> is there /dev/dri/card0. If not,  it means your GPU is not supported by
drm/i915.
2> do you have permission to access /dev/dri/card0? Please change the mode
first if you haven't permission to access /dev/dri/card0.

Thanks
Haihao

Hi,

I work with Fedora 18 ( KDE 32 bit ) ... I configure and install libva-1.5.0 on
Fedora, use command vainfo and got error.

[root@localhost intel-driver]# vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 0.37.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns -1
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva
error,driver_name=(null)
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

I install before  :

  *   inputproto-2.3.1
  *   xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.7.3-5
  *   libdrm-2.4.52
  *   mesa-10.2.1
  *   glu-9.0.0

Also after installing libva I install intel-VA-driver-1.5.0  ( git clone
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-driver<http://anongit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-driver>
 )

Configuration for libva and intel-VA-driver
#./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr--enable -wayland

Could somebody tell what I need to do for fix this error ?

Best regards,
TejaVM