Would that we all had infinite budgets for going to court :-) But short of having them, many businesses choose, quite sensibly, to err on the conservative side of this sort of issue and will honor the license whether or not a court would make them do so. This will also get them through an M&A intellectual property audit in better shape than otherwise.

I do know a company that spent money, including on me, to argue just this sort of issue recently. They spent more than most businesses would be able to endure.

    Thanks

    Bruce