Probally between yourself and Derek in all honesty - I simply dont
have the time right now and my "lift time" and what I do with it has
other investments right now...

Derek might well be swamped with the book at the moment... so perhaps
there are not so many candidates as you think :-)

Crack on is what I say - make a branch, knock yourself out and then
post to the list before merging to master

Cheers, Tim