Hi,

I'm very new to lift and scala.

I have made some Grails intranet applications but sadly Grails or
better say GSP rendering part which is completely written in Groovy is
a very slow beast (even in comparison with Rails or Django).

For my future big project (heavy loaded site) I need something much
faster.

So I have made some quick and dirty Lift benchmarks using ApacheBench
+ Tomcat, GlassFish (from netbeans) and even Jetty.
My machine - AMD X2 @ 2500Mhz, 4 GB RAM

LIFT BASIC SAMPLE:
ab -c 10 -n 3000 http://localhost:8080/liftbasic-1.0-SNAPSHOT/user_mgt/login
50 req/s

LIFT BLANK SAMPLE:
ab -c 10 -n 3000 http://localhost:8080/liftblank-1.0/
120 req/s

Obtained numbers were similar for all 3 servers.

Using Stripes and rendering similar simple pages I'm getting much much
higher scores (600 req/s).
Using Grails I'm getting little worse results but I would say it is
same league.
I would expect much better performance from Lift which is written in
scala.

Why am I getting these low numbers ?
Am I doing something wrong ?
Any suggestion is very welcome.