On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:00 PM, DFectuoso <santiago1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "that unless you
>   are a committer and you have written the code yourself, it doesn't
> get into "
>
> So maybe it would be a good idea to know how one becomes a committer!
> Is it just by new modules? working close to the actual comitters? how
> does that work?

Contributing the Lift community is the best way to become a committer.

You can contribute by doing a solid job of answering questions on the
mailing list and demonstrating both knowledge of Lift and the kind of
attitude that furthers the goals of the Lift community (helpfulness,
sharing, paying particular attention to newbies).

You can contribute by writing code that demonstrates a solid knowledge about
Lift and what people need from Lift.  Put that code out for the world to
use... if it's good stuff, we may ask you to join the Lift project and roll
that code into Lift.

After you've contributed to the Lift community for a while and your
contributions are inline with the Lift way, we'll invite you to join.

There have been a couple of exceptions to the above (e.g., Jonas)... but the
exceptions are based on either awesome presence in related forums or
stellar, over-the-top technical prowess (Jonas demonstrated both.)

Thanks,

David

Git some: http://github.com/dpp