Wow, its working allright, let me compare your code with mine, so far
the only diff is that you are using the full error snippet
        <lift:Msgs showAll="true">
          <lift:error_class>error</lift:error_class>
          <lift:notice_class>notice</lift:notice_class>
          <lift:warning_class>error</lift:warning_class>
        </lift:Msgs>
in the template, while im doing a <lift:Msgs/>

Is there a way to override the "default password" (******) without
making all the html of the signup page?