On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri
<indraj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/12/09 10:44 PM, martin odersky wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri
>> <indraj...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> I think the jetty version is incorrect in the pom.xml in test:sample.
>>>
>>> It should be:
>>>
>>>        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
>>>        <artifactId>jetty</artifactId>
>>>        <version>[6.1.6,7.0)</version>
>>>
>> ... and, which test:sample are you referring to?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>  -- Martin
>
> The test:sample:war:0.1 artifact for which it fails. By your question, I
> realize that you are encountering this during archetype generation. It's
> completely unnecessary.
>
> edit the top level pom.xml and remove all the modules other than lift-base,
> lift-persistence and lift-modules for now. They are really all that you
> need.
>
> The modules section in your top level pom.xml should have just this.
>
>  <modules>
>    <module>lift-base</module>
>    <module>lift-persistence</module>
>    <module>lift-modules</module>
>    <!--<module>lift-archetypes</module>-->
>    <!--<module>lift-examples</module>-->
>
>    <!-- the 'meta' module -->
>    <!--<module>lift-core</module>-->
>  </modules>
>
> - Indrajit

OK, that will help, I hope.

But I still have no luck. When I download from

  http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/tree/280_port

I get something that's different than the layout on the webpage.
Subdirectories in dpp-liftweb-12d1bf0/
are flatter than what I see on the webpage. When I compile with 2.8 it
dies because it wants jcl.Conversions which sure does not exist
anymore. So it seems to me that versions are mixed up? I really need a
tarball or zip with the right lift to test against!

 -- Martin