You mistake different with harder.  People who are used to one way to do
things will find different harder than the same.

No, I don't. Different *is* harder. When there is a convention it should be
followed unless there is a good reason not to do so. This is one of the half
dozen or so key principles of usability. When you choose to do something in
a way that requires extra effort - *especially* when there is a convention
you could have followed - then tell people, briefly, that you have a good
reason for doing so. One that will benefit them.

> In the case of view-first, there are plenty of posts as to why it's
> better.

Said posts won't help when trying to get more people to use Lift. It's up to
you to set your priorities, but if one of those is creating a framework that
people use in significant numbers then you can't adopt a "People could read
posts" attitude to your new user experience. Especially when RoR and Grails
have set the bar so high.

> The couple of ports I've
> done, I've seen some substantive code reductions and significant test code
> reductions.  And, what I've gotten in addition to a smaller code base is
> higher performance, more security, and more maintainability.  So, Lift is
> in
> fact not harder to use.

Sorry, no. A better result does NOT equal "easier to use". It might equal
"Easier to use for a superior programmer who has tougher requirements."
Otherwise Emacs and Latex would be "easier to use" than Word - and much
easier than Notepad. What you are saying is that Scala is more powerful.
Which is great, because in any software product category there are usually
three viable niches - easiest to use, cheapest, and most powerful. In your
shoes I'd think about going after that "most powerful" niche.

I know that you're anti marketing, but not all marketing is BS. A lot of it
- at least in technical products - is honest communication regarding the
niches that your product is designed for. If you don't tell potential Lift
users what Lift can do for them, why should they try it? There really isn't
a rational reason. And why create a framework which no one will use?