Thanks Takaya for clearing my doubts. Regarding the answer to the question

 "What happens if it fails in an iteration ? So the recipient of the file
remains happy with the partial content ? Or will the payment be revoked
(not sure how) if recipient doesn't get the full content ?

This is about the DLAS-up protocol.
The protocol uses OG AMP so the payments and data transfers are revoked in
case that it fails"

I am talking about different iterations. If it's the case that you have a
5GB file then you are sending 256bit via each path. May be in one iteration
you are able to send some 200 byte (assuming we get 8 paths at a time). So
it's the case that you need 5GB/200B iterations. But og amp guarantees
atomic delivery for blocks per iteration right and not for all the
iterations taken together ? Also how do you ensure correctness of the file
shared (using Zk proof ?) ?

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020, 12:03 Takaya Imai <takaya.i...@frontier-ptnrs.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> Atomic Swaps between data and crypto currencies are also proposed as a part
>>> of TumbleBit mechanism[3], Storm mechanism[4] and so on.
>>>
>>> Recently Joost Jager proposed Instant messages with lightning onion
>>> routing, whatsat[5], which use recent sphinx payload change[6]. This is
>>> very awesome but not atomic with lightning payment.
>>>
>>> Atomic lightning mechanism for data is useful in use cases below.
>>>
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> [Pros & Cons]
>>>
>>> * DLAS-down
>>> ** Pros
>>> *** Atomic data download exchange with lightning payment
>>> ** Cons
>>> *** It needs better mechanism to expand data size
>>>
>>> * DLAS-up
>>> ** Pros
>>> *** Atomic data upload exchange with lightning payment
>>> ** Cons
>>> *** OG AMP[7] is needed to implement
>>>
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> [What I describe]
>>> * A way to swap data with lightning payment atomically.
>>>
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> [What I do not describe]
>>> * A way to detect that data is correct or not, namely zero knowledge
>>> proof process.
>>>
>>> For example, probabilistic checkable proof like TumbleBit[3] proposed.
>>> Just message as data is no problem because no need to check the message
>>> is correct or not.
>>>
>>> * A way in case that different preimages are used in a payment route
>>> like Multi-hop locks.
>>>
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> [Specification]
>>>
>>> Lightning Network(LN) has a mechanism about preimage like a brief image
>>> below.
>>>
>>> Payer                             Mediators
>>>  Payee
>>>
>>> =================================================================================
>>>
>>> Preimage
>>> Preimage Hash  <--------------------- invoice ------------------------
>>>  Preimage Hash
>>> Preimage Hash  ---------------->   Preimage Hash -------------------->
>>>  Preimage Hash
>>> Preimage       <—-------------—-   Preimage      <--------------------
>>>  Preimage
>>>
>>> As you know, preimage Payer gets can be a proof of payment because Payer
>>> can not get it if the payment is executed correctly.
>>>

>>> 1, Data download <->  lightning (DLAS-down)
>>>

>>> Payer sends lightning payment and receives data from Payee atomically.
>>>

>>> Payer                             Mediators
>>>  Payee
>>>
>>> =================================================================================
>>> Payer Channel Pubkey <----------------------------------------------->
>>> Payee Channel Pubkey
>>>

>>>  data(256bit, padded)
>>>
>>>  enc_key = (Payee Channel Secret Key * Payer Channel Pubkey).x  (256bit)
>>> enc_key = (Payer Channel Secret Key * Payee Channel Pubkey).x  (256bit)

>>> sha256(enc_data)
>>> sha256(enc_data) ----------------> sha256(enc_data) ----------------->
>>> sha256(enc_data)
>>> enc_data         <---------------- enc_data <-------------------------
>>> enc_data
>>> data = enc_data XOR enc_key
>>>

>>> * The size of data is restricted to 256 bits. Identically, it should be
>>> extended to larger data and the data should be transferred in several
>>> payment paths like DLAS-up.
>>> * Channel Pubkey is only one for one channel and the data can be
>>> decrypted if enc_key is leaked. So enc_key should be generated newly every
>>> time by a way like hash chain but the protocol image above is just example
>>> for simplicity.
>>> * .x means X axis value of points on Elliptic Curve.
>>> * If data is less than 256 bits, then 0x00 is padded (I am not sure
>>> which of big endian and little endian is better).
>>>

>>> 2, Data upload <->  lightning (DLAS-down)
>>>
>>> Payer sends data and lightning payment from Payee atomically.
>>> This is like OG AMP(Atomic Multi-path Payment)[7] system.
>>>
>>> Payer                             Mediators
>>>  Payee
>>>
>>> =================================================================================
>>> data(512bit, padded)
>>>
>>> share1(256bit)
>>> share2(256bit)
>>>
>>> base_s = share1 XOR share2
>>> data1(256bit) ||  data2(256bit) = data(512bit)
>>> XOR_d1 = data1 XOR base_s
>>> XOR_d2 = data2 XOR base_s
>>> PreImg1 = sha256(base_s || data || 1)
>>> PreImg2 = sha256(base_s || data || 2)
>>>
>>> sha256(PreImg1), XOR_d1, share1 -> sha256(PreImg1), XOR_d1, share1  ->
>>> sha256(PreImg1), XOR_d1, share1
>>> sha256(PreImg2), XOR_d2, share2 -> sha256(PreImg2), XOR_d2, share2  ->