Good morning Antoine,

> About secondary-markets, the credentials themselves are subject to the
> classic double-spend problem. E.g, Alice can transfer her "Ned" credentials
> both to Bob and Caroll, without any of them getting knowledge of the
> duplication. So it could be expected secondary markets to only happen between
> LSP and their spokes (where "trust" relationships already exist), as such
> harder to formalize.

If this is a problem, would the use of the WabiSabi technique help?
If my understanding was correct, the WabiSabi paper described a Chaumian bank
that issues coins of variable amount, with clients able to merge and split
coins without revealing the amount to the bank/issuer, while allowing for
non-double-spendable transfer of coins by having the bank sign off on all
transfers between clients (without the bank becoming aware of the value being
transferred or the pseudonyms of either client).

If transfer of tokens can be made non-double-spendable, then it may be feasible
for a forwarding node to accept tokens issued by a different forwarding node,
if the sender also transfers control of those tokens to the forwarding node.
i.e. if a sender has credentials for node A but needs to forward via node B,
then node B may be willing to accept credentials issued by node A.
This is similar to the situation where "free banks", in the absence of a
central bank, are willing to accept paper bearer bonds issued by another bank,
as this lets them attack the other bank by withdrawing the value backing the
bond and attempt to trigger a bank run on that other bank (and thus remove them
from competition).
Similarly, node B who is a competitor of node A may be willing to accept
credentials issued by node A, in a forward that goes through node B, as the
transferred credentials would allow node B to perform a jamming attack on node
A (and thus remove them from competition).
Both node A and B can then peacefully resolve the difference without attacking
via a "clearing house" where they reveal how much of the credential issued by
the other they have, in much the same way as free banks would resolve paper
bearer bonds.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj