On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:50 PM, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Mike Solomon <m...@mikesolomon.org> writes:
>
>> Apple’s home cooked clang is not free software, so there’s no reason
>> to expect free software to compile with it.
>
> Non sequitur.  There is nothing wrong with trying to bring some more
> taste of free software to people in the Apple jails.  Now there are
> alternative means, so it's not high urgency.  In particular, if you are
> the only person we've heard of so far and already moved to an
> alternative: we run into danger of putting in a lot of work for purely
> imaginary users.

It took me 15 minutes of work to compile with g++.  I can’t imagine that anyone
who knows what they’re doing (TM) won’t be able to figure this out in a
reasonable timeframe unless they have a seriously messed up computer.

>> I don’t mind giving up on it.
>
> Shrug.  At any rate, it would be important to get some feedback
> regarding installation of the stock LilyPond binary distribution on the
> newest OSX.  It would be good if that worked before we put out 2.18.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00897.html

Cheers,
MS