On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, guy keren wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Orna Agmon wrote:
>
> > Yesterday we divided most of the responsibilities for lectures and events
> > for w2l.
> >  There is a lot of room to fill yourself in and help out.
>
> could someone post a summary of the decisions, so those of us who missed
> yestwoday's meeting could catch up?
>
> > Muli is coordinating the events.
> > For each event, we have/needa coordinator as well as an assistant.
>
> what exactly is a 'coordinator' supposed to do? and an assistant?

  Coordinator makes sure the lecture is made on time, and there is a person
ready to make the lecture, an assitant and a backup. He should also make
sure the lecture is rehersed and timed, and all equipment is ready. Right?

  Assistant is the one operating the PC during the lecture. Must be
coordinated with lecturer and must reherse lecture with lecturer at least
once.

> > 0. "pre-series lecture" in order to interest technionm students in related
> > courses - 28/10- muli
> > 1. Why Linux - 6-7 people explain why Linux is good for you. 30/10 - orna
>
> what is the purpose of 'lecture 0', if there is this 'lecture 1' too?
> what's the difference?

  Lecture 0 is the "Linux for MATAM students" lecture as discussed here.
It's a practical introduction to getting UNIX coursework done in a Linux
environment.

> > (lecturers: shlomi l, + lecturers needed)
>
> i'll join this one, i guess. ofcourse, i'll hve to be more focused then i
> was last time. do we want to keep the same format, btw, or the format has
> changed?

  Slightly. The lecture will be demonstration based. Each lecturer will
demonstrate a common task being done on Linux. We should have full Hebrew
support and a digital camera, all operating on a Linux laptop.

> > 2. The Installation process. 4/11- orr
> >
> > 3. 6/11
> >     a.Linux Day - adir and orr
> >       b.  Basic use of a Linux box (which will be given several times
> >           during the day) - shlomif (lecturers needed!)
> > 4. Basic admin (su -, rpm install, etc.) 11/11- alon
> >
> > 5. Networking 13/11- muli
> >
> > 6. Hebrew (this lecture might be changed, as most moderndistro's are
> > good). 18/11- alon will define the demands from this lecture, coordinator
> > needed.
> >
> > 7. developing tools in the Linux environment - 20/11- muli and guy(?)
>
> since muli already has 2 other lectures ('0' and '5'), i guess i could
> pick up this one - unless lecture '0' is not realy a lecture?
>
> > all slides must be ready untill the end of september.
> >
> > 8. feedback: we need people to shape the feedback forms, so that it
> > will be
> > possible to analize them, and so that they will actually tell us what we
> > need to know. coordinator- orna.
>
> since my feedback forms are the ones 'under the fire' here, i guess i
> should step aside and let someone else do them properly this time ;)

I volunteer for the feedback comitee, if needed.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)