On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Adir Abraham wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>
> > So what do you suggest me to give?
>
> Don't know. Anything that you think that can make people excited after
> 10 minutes of lecture. If you really think that anything below fits, and
> you believe that you will be able to explain what you are
> using and what you are talking about and to demonstrate one of the
> subjects that you were referring to, and all of that in 10 minutes only,
> then go for it.

  I think that GIMP demonstration, with explanation that GIMP was rated
equivalent to PhotoShop, but is legal and open-source. There is no need to
explain what you are doing step-by-step. Simply do something (or run a
recorded demo) while explaining about how GIMP is free and open.
  Ideally, base the demonstration on a picture captured with a digital
camera on-stage, and turn it into a Linux advertisment in real time. That
way people will know you really did it in real time (you can make a script
to do the whole process automatically if short on time).

Not linux specific. Too advanced.

  No need to demonstrate. However, somebody should mention the fact that
most content on the web is served by Apache.

  Too advanced.

  Too advanced. Prepare a normal HAIFUX lecture about that.

  Too advanced.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)