On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:57:39PM +0200, Eli Billauer wrote:

> So it actually *is* simple, only somehow this is never mentioned. Kernel
> hackers probably want us to suffer before we can get a working
> configuration, rather than slightly modifying and already working
> setup. :-(

Actually, the problem of compiling modules "out of tree" is an acute
problem, and it's usually broken in one or another way. Kernel hackers
prefer for kernel source to be shipped with the kernel (or as a patch
to the kernel source), and every module which doesn't is automatically
a step child.
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda
http://www.mulix.org