On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:12:08PM +0200, Alon Altman wrote:
>
> >   I've contacted a CD-burning shop and got a price quote for 3*100 CDs. The
> > price is 1,650 NIS, which will allow us to sell the CDs at 20NIS/3CDs. The
> > problem is who will pay the money in advance? Can the amuta be
> > counted on?
>
> No. The Amuta has no money yet, and all expenses so far have been paid
> from the board members and interested individuals pockets. Note that
> in this case, even if the Amuta did have the money, I don't think it
> would be the right way to spend it. We can debate this once we have
> some money, though...

  The expectation is to SELL these CDs. We just need interim sponsorship and
backing in case of a low turnout.

  If we do buy the CDs at 1,650NIS, I suggest selling them at 25-30NIS/3CDs.
For the student, it's less than expense on photocopying or a book.

> > We need to put money IN the amuta before taking it out. Ofcourse remaining
> > CDs (if any) could be used in other InstaParties.
> >
> >   What do you think
>
> Any chance of the Technion paying for it or otherwise arranging for
> CDs? (cc'd to Erez). Don't forget, we're doing this instaparty as a
> favor and a service to them.

  If the Technion can pay the advance and keep selling the CDs to students
after the party, that would be great. Is Erez in charge of budgeting?

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)