thanks for your respons Rob,

i think i still didn't manage to make myself clear;
in director i created an interface to another application,
which does live video-/audio-compositing/synthesis.
this other application should be visible through the director interface.

an example can be found here;
http://extra.waag.org/users/arjen/screendump.mov

thanks
arri